PRP-Therapy is an injection technique for treating diseases using platelet-rich autoplasma of the patient. The method is used in various branches of medicine (gynecology, dermatology, orthopedics, etc.). The use of PRP in neurology is being actively introduced. The procedure allows you to stop symptoms associated with damage to peripheral nerve fibers and improve the patient's quality of life in the shortest possible time.
*What is PRP-Therapie?*
Enriched plasma contains vitamins, minerals and proteins, as well as substances with special properties - growth factors. The latter are natural stimulators of repair in the body. There are several types of growth factors in platelets:
Cells that have receptors for growth factors react in a specific way to an increase in their concentration. Under the influence of factors, intra- and intercellular metabolism improves, cell division is accelerated, the growth of new vessels begins, blood circulation increases and local immunity increases. Growth factors trigger the body's self-healing mechanisms. https://prpmed.de/en/12-prp-tubes
The role of plasma therapy in neurology
*Neurological disorders can be caused by:*
- developmental anomalies;
- microcirculation disorders;
- metabolic disorders;
- endocrine diseases;
- increased loads;
- age-related changes, etc.
Dysfunctions of the nervous system are often polyetiological in nature and are accompanied by multiple malfunctions in the body. Pain is the main manifestation of neurological disorders. Concomitant symptoms can be impaired sensitivity, mobility and functions of damaged organs and tissues.
Innervation disorders provoke a whole cascade of reactions (disorders of hemodynamics, regulation, metabolism and decreased immunity) and can lead to cell destruction. Correction of neurological disorders involves the restoration of tissue structure and functions of nerve fibers.
PRP therapy has a complex beneficial effect on the body. The effects of the procedure are as follows:
- improvement of trophism due to the formation of new vessels;
- normalization of metabolism in cells;
- restoration of tissue structure due to cell division, production of collagen and elastin;
- increased local immunity;
- suppression of inflammatory reactions;
- restoration of sensitivity and conductivity of nerve fibers.
The popularity of PRP-Therapy in neurology is due to the ability of the procedure to influence various aspects of the mechanism of the onset of pain. The method is used under the following conditions:*
- degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the musculoskeletal system (arthrosis, osteochondrosis, protrusion, disc herniation, etc.);
- pain syndrome of unknown origin (chronic headaches, migraines, back pain, etc.);
- neuritis and neuralgia of various localization;
- the consequences of injuries and surgical interventions.
Plasma therapy is used in neurology as an independent method, as well as in the complex treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system.
Own plasma not only treats already developed pathologies, but also allows them to be prevented in patients at risk.
*Do you need preparation?*
PRP therapy is used in neurology after examining a patient. Before starting treatment, it is necessary to exclude contraindications to the procedure:
- acute infectious diseases;
- blood clotting disorders;
- intolerance to heparin.
Preparation for the procedure involves limiting alcohol consumption 3-5 days before the session. Blood sampling is carried out on an empty stomach or 3-4 hours after a meal. No other organizational measures are required.