Bristol Braille Technology

Delete

(Leave this as-is, it’s a trap!)

To delete this post you must be either the original author or a designated moderator.
The content of the post will be removed but the name and date will remain.

• The post will be removed completely from the thread, rather than blanked
  • Only posts on the last page of the thread can be removed completely (so as to not break permalinks)

RE[1]: New Year Update: The Quixote, Other Projects & Canute

Gaela Benn

hi

I would love to be able to access e-books with a braille readout. I am happy reading in braille as a sight and hearing impaired person but totally frustrated at the extremely limited amount of books available in braille. Reading is where my imagination comes to life. Where my disability should not be a bar to new worlds and new exciting adventures.

But at the present I am still chained to earth by lack of access. So few sci-fi books are available in braille and most of those are very old publications. I want to be able to read the newest titles not ones from the 60s and 70s. Ebooks are available from my local library and I could download them from home.. great in theory. But then I have no means to read them in braille.

Canute could open them up to me so that i too "may boldly go where no man has gone before!"

Gaela

Your friendly neighbourhood moderators: Ed Rogers, Steph